Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Crunch time!

Yea, I know it's not December yet , but wether we like it or not it's less than a month away from Christmas and our needles are clicking at full speed ahead!
I need to finish the front of my nieces sweater and the foot and toe of a sock.
Stu and I are car pooling again this coming week, so the socks should be done by my next weekend. I don't mind going to work an hour early if it means I don't have to spend my entire vacation stressing about getting my Christmas knitting done!
Then I might acually finish some of my other WIP's while I'm off for 5 days straight, a whole 3 of them with no distractions!
I'm also crocheting an afghan for my nephew who has been in the hospital with fluid on the lungs.
Simple granny squares in red heart classic. He's 3 1/2 so it's not super huge. Just a good cuddle size when he has to be away from home for long periods of time.
Colors are rust, true blue and emerald.
Any way on my vacation I hope to finish the following:
Socks and sweater if not completed at the time come first.
Next up is the green bunny and Totmen, then Nothin but a kids t-shirt in the 6 month size all that is left to knit is the sleeves that I wanted to alter to make longer.
My nephews blanket hopefully will get a fair amount of work as well as my dishcloth cotton granny (I'm up to 30 squares now!).Then I want to work on my magic 28 socks, I have another pair 1/2 finished I.E. first sock done awaiting ends being darned in second sock not yet cast on.I can't remember how many pairs I pledged but this will be my 3rd pair.They are going to Warm Woolies when I'm finished with my pledge.
Then after all that is finished I want to start a ripple with the cotton ease I bought this past summer.
I have broken my yarn diet to buy some dishcloth cotton and the yarn for my nephews blanket.The yarn diet will resume hopefully on friday.

No comments: